Visp's Apple Crisp Macchiato
What is Visp's Apple Crisp Macchiato?'
Visp's Apple Crisp Macchiato recipe, when made in the Elixir Mixer, offers a unique blend of sweet apple and rich espresso, layered with a hint of brown sugar and warm spices. It's a delightful nod to autumn in a cup, made even more special by the frothy finish provided by the Elixir Mixer.
- 1 shot of espresso or 1 tablespoon of instant espresso powder dissolved in 2 ounces of hot water
- 1 cup of your favorite milk (dairy or plant-based)
- 2 tablespoons apple syrup (store-bought or homemade*)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar syrup (store-bought or homemade**)
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- Ice cubes (for iced version)
- Prepare the espresso shot using your preferred method. If using instant espresso, dissolve it in hot water. Set aside to cool slightly if you're making the iced version.
- In your Elixir Mixer, add the milk, apple syrup, brown sugar syrup, and a pinch of ground cinnamon.
- With the flip cap open (for hot liquids), start whisking until well combined and frothy.
- For the iced version: Add ice cubes to a glass, pour the espresso over the ice, and then slowly pour the frothy milk mixture on top.
- For the hot version: Pour the espresso into your cup first, then slowly layer the frothy milk mixture on top.
- Give it a gentle swirl or stir before sipping to combine the flavors.
Homemade Apple Syrup:*
Boil 1 cup of apple juice with 1/2 cup of sugar, simmering until reduced by half. Let cool before storing in a refrigerated airtight container.
Homemade Brown Sugar Syrup:**
Dissolve 1 cup of brown sugar in 1 cup of boiling water. Once dissolved, allow to cool, then store in a refrigerated airtight container.
Can I make this caffeine-free?
Absolutely! Simply skip the espresso or use a decaffeinated version.
Is there a way to intensify the apple flavor?
Consider adding a dash of apple pie spice or increasing the apple syrup slightly for a richer apple flavor.
I prefer my drinks less sweet. How can I adjust?
You can reduce the syrups to taste or even skip the brown sugar syrup altogether.
Can I use apple cider instead of apple syrup?
Yes, but keep in mind that cider is less concentrated. You might want to reduce it on the stove to intensify the apple flavor.
How long can I store my homemade syrups?
Both the apple and brown sugar syrups should be stored in the refrigerator and used within 1-2 weeks.
Enjoy this Apple Crisp Macchiato inspired by Starbucks but with the convenience and frothy touch of the Elixir Mixer!
Do away with tedious handheld frothers and clunky shaker bottles. With the Elixir Mixer—our electric whisk bottle—crafting a diverse range of hot and cold drinks is streamlined. Fill it up, press the button, and 15 seconds later—get sipping. It will quickly become the MVP of your everyday rituals.